MOC 40001 Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird Aircraft is based on Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird Aircraft. It’s an awesome Brick set MOC, designed by Jonah Padberg in planebricks.com
The Lockheed SR-71 “Blackbird” is a long-range, high-altitude, Mach 3+ strategic reconnaissance aircraft that was operated by the United States Air Force. It was developed as a black project from the Lockheed A-12 reconnaissance aircraft in the 1960s by Lockheed and its Skunk Works division. American aerospace engineer Clarence “Kelly” Johnson was responsible for many of the design’s innovative concepts. During aerial reconnaissance missions, the SR-71 operated at high speeds and altitudes to allow it to outrace threats. If a surface-to-air missile launch were detected, the standard evasive action was simply to accelerate and outfly the missile. The shape of the SR-71 was based on the A-12 which was one of the first aircraft to be designed with a reduced radar cross-section.
Role: Strategic reconnaissance aircraft
National: United States
Designed by: Clarence “Kelly” Johnson
First flight: 22 December 1964
Released: January 1966
Retired: 1998 (USAF), 1999 (NASA)
Unit cost:$34 million Developed from Lockheed A-12
The SR-71 served with the U.S. Air Force from 1964 to 1998. A total of 32 aircraft were built; 12 were lost in accidents with none lost to enemy action.The SR-71 has been given several nicknames, including “Blackbird”. Since 1976, it has held the world record for the fastest air-breathing manned aircraft, a record previously held by the related Lockheed YF-12
- + 2300 pieces made from high-quality 100% ABS plastic bricks, safe for children, long time to play, 100% compatible with other brick brands
- Easy-to-build with manual instruction of MOC 40001 Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird Aircraft with brick by brick guide and high quality pictures
- Full dimensions of MOC 40001 Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird Aircraft: Length 33” 1/2” x Width 17” x Height 6” 1/2”
DELIVERY & RETURN
We guarantee for MOC 40001 Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird Aircraft
- Full refund if do not receive your order
- Free provide for missing pieces or Manual book
- Customer will not pay any more for tax and customs fee. (If you have to pay, we will refund to you)
- Shipping international is quite complicated, we try hard to process all of your problem. But, if your order get some trouble, please contact us via email
- CANCEL Order: If you need to cancel order, you need to contact us via email email@example.com as soon as possible. We cannot stop order until 48 hours
All parts of MOC 40001 Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird Aircraft are quality checked before shipping, so if you find some missing or damaged parts, don’t worry.
Please contact us and we will send them to you without any fees, or we will offer a small refund for you to buy in other places.
Read more ▼